texan tubeworm moth

Sample information

Photos by: monzerrat r.
Location No map location data available.
Collection date
Captive / Cultivated? Wild-caught
Group The School for Science and Math at Vanderbilt
Putative identification Arthropoda Hexapoda Insecta Lepidoptera


Extraction kit DNeasy (Qiagen)
DNA extraction location Partial abdomen
Single or Duplex PCR Single Reaction
Gel electrophoresis system MiniOne
Buffer TBE
DNA stain GelGreen
Gel images
Protocol notes


Wolbachia presence No
Confidence level Medium
Explanation of confidence level

although the nucleotide sequences proved that the morphology was incorrect, there is more trust in the nucleotide sequence then but because it is only a 98 percent of a match, the remaining 2 percent could be a potential situation where nobody has investigated or experimented with my certain type of anthropod.

Wolbachia 16S sequence
Arthropod COI sequence
Summary The Lepidoptera was found to be negative for Wolbachia.
Report Inappropriate Post