|Captive / Cultivated?||Wild-caught|
|Group||Acton-Boxborough Regional High School|
This rove beetle was collected in the woods.
|Putative identification||Arthropoda Hexapoda Insecta Coleoptera Erotylidae|
|Extraction kit||DNeasy (Qiagen)|
|DNA extraction location||Abdomen|
|Single or Duplex PCR||Single Reaction|
|Gel electrophoresis system|
|Explanation of confidence level||
Because we also primed our collected DNA with arthropod primers and found that there were cut bands when we ran that gel, we know that we successfully extracted the DNA from the Triplax. This means that any issues with the Wolbachia band not showing up would not be chalked up to extraction errors, so we are fairly confident that the Triplax we found truly did not have Wolbachia.
|Wolbachia 16S sequence||
|Arthropod COI sequence||
|Summary||The Erotylidae was found to be negative for Wolbachia.|