|Captive / Cultivated?||Wild-caught|
|Group||Hampton Roads Academy|
My roly-poly had 14 legs, dark bumpy eyes, grooves on its back, antennas, and spots on its back.
|Putative identification||Arthropoda Crustacea Malacostraca Isopoda|
|Extraction kit||Edwards Buffer|
|DNA extraction location||Abdomen|
|Single or Duplex PCR|
|Gel electrophoresis system||MiniOne|
During Cell Lysis, when we placed our DNA in the very hot water, my cap popped open, but it didn’t look like anything spilled. The pellet was still inside, so I kept going. Another error I made was that I put double the amount of isopropanol.
My pellet was a small speck that looked murky and dark.
|Explanation of confidence level||
First time doing this experiment, not sure about the controls and I’m also unsure if I had an A+ band.
|Wolbachia 16S sequence||
|Arthropod COI sequence||
|Summary||The Isopoda was found to be postive for Wolbachia.|