|Captive / Cultivated?||Wild-caught|
|Group||Hampton Roads Academy|
My roly poly was brown and striped. It had 14 legs, 2 antennas, and dark, beady eyes.
|Putative identification||Arthropoda Crustacea Malacostraca Isopoda|
|Extraction kit||Edwards Buffer|
|DNA extraction location||Whole arthropod|
|Single or Duplex PCR|
|Gel electrophoresis system||MiniOne|
During my experiment, I had to grind my sample, but it was difficult. My roly poly kept getting stuck on the bottom. I was able to move it to the side and grind it, but I still may not have ground it enough.
My pellet was small. It was only a few grey specks.
|Explanation of confidence level||
My confidence is low because we ran out of the GelGreen, so we used regular gel. This gel did not allow the bands to be clear. First time doing the experiment, not sure about +A band.
|Wolbachia 16S sequence||
|Arthropod COI sequence||