|Captive / Cultivated?||Captive / Cultivated|
|Group||Neuqua Valley High School|
I got the bug outside my front door by the light on the top.
|Putative identification||Crustacea Malacostraca Isopoda Armadillidae|
|Extraction kit||DNeasy (Qiagen)|
|DNA extraction location||Abdomen|
|Single or Duplex PCR|
|Gel electrophoresis system||MiniPCR|
DNA extraction: I mase sure to crush the arthropod really well. I dissected the abdomen out and didn’t include the exoskeleton.
Gel electrophoresis lanes for CO1arthropod PCR:
1- 1 Kb ladder
2- The second well is my negative DNA extraction control.
3- The third well is the positive DNA extraction control
4- the fourth well is positive PCR/DNA control
5-the fifth well is positive PCR control
6- the sixth well is my sample
Analysis: my controls worked but my sample did not have a band at all.There could have been a problem with my extraction
|Explanation of confidence level||
All of my controls worked as expected. I did not have any problems with the protocol, and i was not surprised by any bands on the gel. Therefore I am confident my arthropod is not infected with Wolbachia.
|Wolbachia 16S sequence||
|Arthropod COI sequence||
|Summary||The Armadillidae was found to be negative for Wolbachia.|