|Captive / Cultivated?||Wild-caught|
|Group||Georgia Southern University|
The weather was clear skies with a degree of 60 Celsius
The blattaria was collect in grass and bushes. My group and I used the bowl to scoop up dirt from under branches and looked through the dirt for insect. We also collected insects with the Aerial Insect Net scooping up grass and flowers. I then transferred the insects into my kill jar.
|Putative identification||Arthropoda Hexapoda Insecta Blattodea|
|DNA extraction location||Whole arthropod|
|Single or Duplex PCR||Single Reaction|
|Gel electrophoresis system||Standard electrophoresis system|
DNA extraction kit of in-house reagents was used
|Explanation of confidence level||
I believe that my insect is not Wolbachia positive because the controls came out how they were supposed to. Meaning there was no cross-contamination in my sample.
|Wolbachia 16S sequence||
|Arthropod COI sequence||
|Summary||The Blattodea was found to be negative for Wolbachia.|